Thursday, September 27, 2007

How I got here ...

Well its 2am and I'm up writing on my blog.  I have a public blog where I post about my life, what's going on with me, what I'm thinking.  My family, friends, and co-workers check that one.  Many of them read it on a regular basis.  So how can I post what I'm really thinking when I know that my Mom and Dad are reading what I'm writing.  What if I want to post something about a date I had the other night?  Something intimate possibly?  You can't be comfortable saying things like that when the folks are reading.  Know what I mean?
 
So how did I get here?  Well its kind of a long story.  To summarize - it started with a broken engagement, a near break down at work, two trips to try and find myself, a breast cancer diagnosis, and a new perspective on life.  Viola!  Doesn't sound like such a complex path, but it really was/is.  But now that I'm on this path I can't help but wonder - what am I supposed to get out of this?  I'm a believer that everything happens for a reason - well on the days that I'm not pissed off at the world.  So I know that each 'trial' I've been through - there is a reason or purpose behind it.  I'm trying to discover what that reason is and what my purpose is. 
 
Reading all of this you are probably wondering why I decided to call my blog "I Fight Like a Girl".  One of the things I've learned in the past few years is that when life hands you a bunch of shit you have two options, either you can roll over and take it OR you can get up and FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!  I'm choosing to fight like a girl.

No comments: